02 Mar How to find the best tattoo artists in Austin
Whether you are getting your first ever tattoo or your 101st, finding someone who you are comfortable with is a key element to a great tattoo experience. While we admit to bit of bias, here’s a few things you should keep in mind when you are trying to determine how to find the best tattoo artists in Austin.
What to remember when looking for the best tattoo artist in Austin
Start with social: Just like everyone else in the known universe, most tattoo artists will have a social media feed. Instagram, with its focus on images, is particularly popular with the best tattoo artists in Austin. Following artists and perusing their feeds will help you determine if a particular tattoo artist has a style that matches your own.
Check out tattoo websites: A tattoo studio’s website should be home to wide array of information that will help you determine if a tattoo artist is right for you. If you are considering a new tattoo artist, check out their website or the website of the studio they work at.
- Hours: Are they convenient for you and your schedule?
- Location: Can you easily determine where the studio is located and does it work for you and your tolerance for commuting?
- Pricing: Very few tattoo studios will give you definitive pricing just based on visiting their website, but you may be able to get a rough idea of the cost of your tattoo. Many tattoo studios, including Platinum Ink, also offer free estimates on the cost of your tattoo.
- History: A website will probably tell you how long a particular tattoo studio has been in business
- Style: Tattoo studios use their website to showcase their style and philosophy, letting you get an indication of whether you would be comfortable with that style.
- Artists: The studio website should introduce you to its staff tattoo artists, giving you an opportunity to follow their social media feeds and learn more about the tattoos they are most proud of.
Visit tattoo studios: Before you choose your next favorite tattoo artist, visit a few studios to get a feel for where they work. Pay attention to how you feel about the style and ambiance. Most importantly, is it clear that cleanliness is important and sanitation is paramount?
Interview tattoo artists: The most important step in finding the best tattoo artist in Austin is finding the best tattoo artist for you. It doesn’t matter if it’s the hottest tattoo artist in town, if you aren’t comfortable with the person, you probably won’t be comfortable with the process.
Are your ready to find the best tattoo artist in Austin for you? Visit us at Platinum Ink. We have two locations to serve you, 5128 Burnet Road and 1515 S. IH35, and we’re open Tuesday to Sunday from noon to 10 p.m. Click here to schedule a free consultation and we’ll answer all your questions and help you design the tattoo of your dreams.